New Course Release: The Female Athlete
Have you ever felt that you could be doing better for your female clients? In this new course led by the physio detective, Antony Lo, challenge what you know and learn how to help your clients do even better.
Vicki, an attendee of the Female Athlete course, was unable to lift 16kg (35lbs) without feeling symptoms. She felt hopeless and disclosed many things that were upsetting for her. Her hope and encouragement returned after showing her how to lift that 16kg (35lbs) without any symptoms at all in under a minute. Vicki was shown throughout the course that she can do things she didn't think was possible and finished the weekend with a deadlift of 70kg (155lbs) without any symptoms at all.
Sounds too good to be true? It isn't!
This course will teach you how to be even better than you are and help more people.
Antony is on a mission to change the world for women and truly empower them to do the most they can in order to achieve their dreams and live life they way they want to without fear or hesitation.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Provide a chance for health and fitness professionals to think about their thinking, models, biases, and beliefs and then challenge them
- Provide a framework from which you can approach the acquisition of knowledge, assessment and management of female athletes
- Basic understanding of high intensity training for female athletes
- Provide tools for participants to be able to communicate, assess, and treat high intensity training athletes
- Deal with ante-natal and post-natal exercise considerations in high intensity training
- Provide a realistic and practical balance between biological and psychosocial aspects in managing high intensity training athletes, their coaches, and expectations.
Antony Lo, B. App.Se (Physio) (USyd), Masters in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice for over 21 years.
He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialization training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes for 7 years and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilizes the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant (now CrossFit Sports Specific Application). Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia