BPPV Feature – Assessing and Treating Dizziness
We are repeating the popular BPPV Webinar by Cheryl Wylie!
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) is a condition of the inner ear which causes episodes of dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance. It can be a large risk factor for falls, especially in the elderly, and greatly degrades one quality of life.
Not all therapists are interested in taking post-graduate courses to learn vestibular rehabilitation, but many know the importance of recognizing BPPV with our patients, and the value of being able to resolve it. Take this opportunity to learn more about this condition and feel comfortable completing the test and treatment maneuvers with your patients.
This webinar sold out the first time around, with over 500 participants joining in to learn how to assess and treat BPPV. Due to its popularity, Cheryl Wylie is back to teach this course again, along with some additional information on BPPV treatment and interspaced Q&A time to ensure participants leave feeling confident in adding BPPV to their treatment toolkit.
During this webinar, we will:
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system in relation to BPPV
- Discuss how BPPV occurs, the difference between canalithiasis and cupulolithiasis, and which canals of the inner ear are most affected
- Go over the typical and atypical signs and symptoms of BPPV to look for in your patients
- Learn about nystagmus, how it occurs, and how it specifically presents in BPPV
- Complete BPPV assessment maneuvers including the Dix-Hallpike, Side-Lying Test, and the Head Roll Test
- Be able to generate a diagnosis based on our assessment findings
- Learn various treatment maneuvers and how to select which maneuver is best for which condition
When joining this webinar, you will also gain lifetime access to the static BPPV course and course slides (a $50 value on its own)!
Please note: You will receive an email following your webinar registration. This email will contain a coupon code for 100% off Cheryl's BPPV on-demand course. If you are not on Embodia's mailing list, there are two options:
Please also note! This live webinar is not being recorded but you will be provided with the on-demand BPPV course which you can find here. Your certificate of completion will also be included in the on-demand course.
Who is this Webinar For?
This Webinar is intended for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, kinesiologists, athletic therapists, PTA/OTAs, medical doctors, nurses, and anyone else in the healthcare industry who may come across individuals with BPPV. Vestibular and concussion therapists who are looking to understand Embodia’s vestibular exercise platform, education material, and resources will also find this of value.
"This was awesome, thank you Cheryl! The first BPPV webinar I've stayed engaged in"
"Thank you so much. Very efficient and clear. Best webinar I have attended in quite some time."
"Such a great presentation Cheryl. Thanks for these incredibly succinct and accessible tools."
"This was the best webinar I've ever taken. Thanks so much. This is a fascinating topic. I have learned a lot!"
"Better than any BPPV course I've attended!"
BPPV Resource Package
As part of this course, you will also be introduced to Embodia’s BPPV Resource Package. This includes the following:
- Access to all BPPV tests and treatment videos which will be added to your Embodia Exercise Library. These videos are designed as exercise videos, speaking directly to the patient to guide them through the test or treatment. This can be used as a resource with telehealth appointments or can be printed off as follow-up care after a treatment session.
- A Practitioner’s BPPV Flow Chart. This chart is the simplest and easiest-to-follow BPPV flow chart available, including step-by-step directions for all treatment maneuvers for quick access in a clinic setting.
- BPPV Patient Education Handout, designed to educate your patient about their BPPV, and reduce anxiety and fear around the condition.
Healing Vertigo App
An Interactive BPPV Resource Tool
Healing Vertigo is an App designed to walk you through the assessment and treatment of BPPV. It uses the same patient-directed videos and treatment logic flow discussed in this webinar and resource package, making it a seamless resource for you and your patients. Use it as a practitioner treatment guide with your BPPV patients, or recommend it to your patients' post-treatment for self-management of this condition. It reduces the challenge of BPPV treatment and gives you and your patients more confidence in taking on this condition.
Connect with Cheryl anytime to ask questions, clarify points, or just discuss BPPV!
Cheryl Wylie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embodia Support: email@example.com
MSc(PT), Vestibular Physiotherapist, Co-Founder of Healing Vertigo
Cheryl Wylie is a registered physiotherapist, receiving her Masters of Science in Physiotherapy from McMaster University in 2010. Prior to this she completed her Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo. She continued her education and completed with success the Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency-Based Course in Atlanta, GA hosted by Emory University and the American Physical Therapy Association. Since then, she has taken ongoing courses with a focus on vestibular and concussion rehabilitation, as well as shared her knowledge through in-services and lectures both locally and abroad.
Cheryl is passionate about increasing accessibility of physiotherapy services and has developed an App and YouTube Channel called Healing Vertigo. These platforms increase awareness of BPPV and provide testing and treatment videos to assist patients and practitioners alike in the treatment of this condition.