Dementia and Rehabilitation: The Home Care Edition
The second installment of this webinar series focuses on assessment, exercise prescription and engagement strategies for people living with dementia in the community. It reviews the current recommendations from the literature and provides practical suggestions for their implementation. This webinar is geared towards professionals providing home visits but anyone interested in improving their knowledge of rehabilitation for dementia populations is welcome.
This webinar includes:
- An overview of outcome measures and assessments validated in the community
- Current recommendations for exercise prescription
- Engagement strategies for clients with cognitive impairment
- Colourful language
- A long distance high five to celebrate surviving the last year
This webinar does not include:
- Testimonials from clients
- Stories of super awkward home visits where everything went sideways
- PPE or COVID-19 information
- Baby animal photos
The final part of this series provides an update on exercise prescription and engagement strategies for Long Term Care practitioners.
Please Note: Part 1 of this series is free for everyone. Parts 2 and 3 is free for Embodia Members (subscribers) only. When you register you will be given the option to become an Embodia Member. If you have questions about our membership and what's included, email us at email@example.com or click here to book a time to meet with us. The series will be recorded and made available for free along with certificates of completion for Embodia Members (subscribers) only.
Super Nerd, MScPT, BSc(KIN)
PhD, MScPT, BSc (KIN)