Train the Trainer Part 2: How to Create Your Course on Embodia
Exams are useful as a strict learning assessment of a course participants' understanding of the material. Quizzes are designed to assess how well your attendees are absorbing the course material whereas exams are designed to be a final test of their knowledge. Completing an exam with a score above a certain percentage can even be a requirement to complete the course and receive the certificate.
To get started, click on Add Course Material > New Exam:
You will then be presented with this page:
Here you will give the Exam a title (the title of the exam will be visible to those taking your course) and you can choose:
- Which category the Exam belongs to
- If there is a time limit for the exam (if left blank, there is no time limit)
- The maximum number of questions the participant should answer (if left blank, the participant will answer all questions)
- The maximum number of attempts for the exam (if left blank, the participant will have unlimited attempts at the exam)
- The passing grade for the exam (if left blank, there is no passing grade)
- Randomization: you can choose to randomize the order of the questions
- To show correct answers if the attendee can no longer attempt the exam
- To show which questions the attendee answered incorrectly
When you are ready, click Create Exam.
Next, you will be shown the settings you have selected and you can add questions and answers. This is the same process as when adding a quiz. Please visit the 'Quizzes' help article to learn how to add questions and answers to your Exam.