APTEI: Applying Neuroplasticity Concepts into Physiotherapy Practice
About The Course
With expanding research on neuroplasticity, it is becoming more evident that everything we do as physical therapists influence the brain and potentially the homunculus.
There is now tremendous evidence that individuals with persistent pain have altered cortical homunculus, body schema, reduced tactile acuity, and reduced proprioception / joint position sense (JPS). Perhaps we can be more effective as clinicians if we place a greater focus on changing the brain rather than habitually focusing on patho-anatomy and always attempting to "fix" tissues.
This online continuing education course taught by Bahram Jam, founder of APTEI, explores these concepts and their application into a physiotherapists' practice.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You Will Learn:
- How you can enhance patient outcomes by maximizing patients' awareness of every exercise or movement that we prescribe
- Appreciate and understand how everything we do in physical therapy has an influence on the brain
- Use this knowledge to improve outcomes with patients who have persistent pain conditions, including Whiplash Associated Disorder (WAD), chronic low back pain (LBP), knee osteoarthritis, post-concussion syndrome, and many others.
Who Is This Course For?
Physiotherapists/physical therapists who are licensed or who are eligible to be licensed to practice.
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- 1.5 hours of video lessons.
- Patient education material that can be shared with your patients electronically through Embodia. This allows your patients to access what you send them on a mobile or web app, track their progress and receive push notifications.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Course Material included in this course
Before Going Further, Take this Quiz!!
Homunculus, Tactile Acuity & Chronic Pain
Applying Neuroplasticity Concepts into PT Practice
Shoulder Join Position Sense Evaluation & Retraining
Cervical Joint Position Sense Evaluation & Retraining
Top 10 Take-Away Concepts
Final Course Quiz
Patient Exercises included in this course
Cervical Joint Position Sense Home Exercises
Cervico-oculomotor Coordination Home Exercises