APTEI: An Introduction to the Pain Truth Certification Program
Expert Series Episode 31: An Introduction to the Pain Truth Certification Program by the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) ft. Bahram Jam
About The Course
This online continuing education course by Bahram Jam, founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI) focuses on central sensitization in conditions such as persistent spinal pain, persistent WAD, fibromyalgia and complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
In This Online Healthcare Course, You Will Learn:
- To review the 3 basic pain mechanism classifications.
- To learn how to more confidently identify those presenting with central sensitization using 12 simple questions.
- To review clinical options for assisting the recovery of those presenting with central sensitization, such as The Pain Truth program.
Who Is This Course For?
This online course is for all health care providers, including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, massage therapists, and chiropractors, who wish to maximize their understanding and their effectiveness in managing persistent pain. This course will also benefit movement therapists and yoga therapists.
What's Included In This Online Healthcare Course?
- 1 hour+ of video lessons that were recorded on the webinar.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot.
- This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
How Can I Get This Course For Free?
This course is specially priced for Embodia Members. The benefit of becoming an Embodia Member includes free and discounted courses, free webinars, professional development coaching, and home exercise software. The Embodia Membership is only $15/month (or $13.50 on our annual plan). You can become an Embodia Member by visiting this page: https://embodiaapp.com/subscriptions If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount. The larger the group, the larger the discount.
Contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
Please note: The second webinar with Bahram Jam which will be hosted on March 24, 2020 (information here) will be recorded and added to this course.
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Course Material included in this course
Expert Series - Highlights Free
The General Intake Questionnaire
Welcome and Resources
Welcome and Slides
Resources and References:
Introduction to the 3 Classifications of Pain
Identifying the 3 Classifications of Pain
Patient Education included in this course
Concerned About Your Shoulder X-ray or MRI Findings?