This course is designed to give the participant an over view of lymphedema. The focus is on self management and highlights; skin care, bandaging, self massage, exercise and education. Lymphedema Management goes over the general guidelines on how to measure any changes in lymphedema as well as appropriate exercise guidelines for a client with lymphedema. The course is designed for people with a background in lymphedema (Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Massage Therapists). The course includes, instructional videos, a downloadable workbook and a completion certificate. The course is yours forever and will be a great resource as you build your caseload.
Don’t waste time! Get trained and get started working with this amazing bunch of people!
To educate appropriate exercise guidelines for healthcare professionals as well as a tool to guide individuals on self management
What You Will Learn:
- Self management - ie. skin care, bandaging, self massage, exercise and education.
- Taking appropriate measurements and how to record any changes.
- Upper and Lower Extremities wrapping techniques.
What is Included:
- Course participants will be provided with courseware and a workbook.
- Access to an exclusive private forum with Jodi. Ask Jodi and other course participants your questions.
- Videos of oncology rehabilitation exercises that can be shared with patients via Embodia.
- Indefinite access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Patient exercises that you can easily share with your patients on Embodia. For more information about Embodia for home exercise prescription, click here to watch a short video. When you sign up for this course you will get a one (1) month complimentary trial with the Embodia home exercise prescription software (for new registrations only).
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
To learn more about this course, watch Jodi's short intro video above.
Jodi Steele, BKin, RPT
Jodi earned her kinesiology degree in 1997 and a physiotherapy degree in 1999 from McMaster University. Upon graduation she co-developed an oncology rehabilitation program, Cancer Rehab-The Next Step. In 2005 her husband joined her and founded Cancer Rehab Inc., Canada’s first not-for-profit cancer rehabilitation centre.
In 2009, Jodi designed, developed and launched Wellspring’s Cancer Exercise Program, which continues to be delivered at sites throughout southern Ontario. For her innovative contributions to society, Jodi received the 2009 Arch Award from McMaster University.
Presently Jodi is a professor at Niagara College. She continues to educate peers through educational lectures focusing on cancer exercise and rehabilitation for health care professionals and lymphedema management in the home care setting.
|Instructor Name||Jodi Steele|
|Access Duration||Indefinite access after purchase|