Resource Package: Biopsychosocial REFRAMED/PHS Level 3a Clinical Skills to Treat Pain
Mind-body connection has been a popular topic over the past decade when looking at treating pain in a clinical setting but it has not always been linked to pain education.
This online physiotherapy course resource package complements the Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) Level 3a in-person course as well as the Level 3a online course. This package is also a resource package for the online course at Reframe Rehab called Biopsychosocial REFRAMED: Creating a Psychologically Informed Practice (www.reframerehab.com)
In this resource package, you will have access to video exercises, written education, and protocols which you can share with patients via Embodia.
- 20 patient exercises including audio files for different forms of meditation/relaxation and video files for dynamic ROM exercises including Whole Body FACE the DAY and Pelvic FACE the DAY
- Sample Body Mapping Exercise- Remapping for Jaw Tension
- The audio files include:
- Body Scan
- Imagery Meditation for Sleep
- Imagery Meditation for Urgency
- Imagery Meditation for Healing
- Nervous System Restore and Relax
- Post-Exercise Restore and Relax
- Wand Guidance for Trauma Patients
- Lifetime access to the resources
Scroll down to see what's included in this resource package.
Important Information about Resource Packages on Embodia
A resource package is not a complete online course. Rather, resource packages on Embodia contain patient exercises and education which can be shared via Embodia.
This resource package is comprised of 20 exercises that can be prescribed to your patients using Embodia. Please note, you must be subscribed as an Embodia member ($15/month - annual and clinic discounts are available) to use Embodia with your patients. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Telerehab solution - unlimited consults and unlimited length of sessions for one-on-one virtual consults.
- Group Telerehab: This feature will allows clinicians to run sessions with more than 1 patient at a time (up to 300 patients in the consult) - there is an additional $30CAD/month fee to enable this feature.
- Full subscription to the Embodia home exercise prescription software and exercise library
- Free mobile apps (Apple and Android) for practitioners and patients, which includes the ability to record patients in session. Patients use Embodia for free when invited by their practitioners
- Outcome measures and questionnaires along with the ability to add your own
- Private, secure two-way messaging for practitioners and their patients
- Full access to an extensive free library (70+) of ‘member only’ courses with 2-4 new ones added each month
- Monthly ‘member only’ discount days (10-100% off) on premium level courses
Carolyn has practiced in orthopaedics and pelvic health for the past 33 years.She is a McKenzie Credentialed physiotherapist (1999), certified in acupuncture (2002), and obtained a certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in 2017.
Carolyn received the YWCA Woman of Distinction award (2004) and the OPA Distinguished Education Award (2015). She has been heavily involved in post-graduate pelvic health education, research in lumbopelvic pain, speaking at numerous international conferences and writing books and chapters for the past twelve years in pelvic health, orthopaedics and pain science.
Her passion is to break down the silos that we live in as clinicians.
Course Material included in this course
Instructional Advice for Using the Audio Files
Instructional Advice for Using the Audio Files in the Biopsychosocial REFRAMED course/PHS Level 3a course Resource Package
Patient Exercises included in this course
8 Minute Core Challenge
Mindfulness Imagery for Healing (Male)
Mindfulness Imagery for Healing (Female)
Audio: Imagery for Urgency
Audio: Imagery for Urgency (Female)
Nervous System Relax & Restore (Male)
Nervous System Relax & Restore (Female)
Audio: Wand Guidance Remapping and Trauma
Dynamic Full Body Face the Day (No music)
Dynamic Full Body Face the Day
Dynamic Pelvic Face the Day (No music)
Dynamic Pelvic Face the Day
Audio: Post-exercise Relax & Restore (Female)
Audio: Post Exercise Relax & Restore
Audio: Imagery for Sleep
Audio: Imagery for Sleep (Female)
Audio: Body Scan
Audio: Body Scan (Female)
Hip Circles for Relaxed Hips and Pelvic Girdle
Remapping to Reduce Tension Using Cat/Cow
Remapping the Jaw and Upper Neck