Integrating CBT into Clinical Practice
If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this course! You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to profit from this online course which was recorded at the 6th Pelvic Health Solutions Symposium. Learn the science, critical reasoning and inter-disciplinary approaches needed to fully understand the direction that pelvic health is taking in your community, provincially, nationally and internationally.
Lara Desrosiers will provide a summary of the upcoming Pelvic Health Solution’s course, CBT skills for distressing physical symptoms. Participants will learn about the evidence to support the use of CBT for chronic pelvic pain and other distressing symptoms related to pelvic health. We will discuss how thoughts and beliefs about symptoms can support OR stall recovery and how our language as health providers can serve to re-enforce maladaptive beliefs OR promote hope and healing.
What do you get in this course?
- Slides to each lecture
- 30+ minutes interactive lectures that are broken down into short videos
- Lifetime Access: You can come back to this course at any time. If any material is updated or material is added to the course, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of Completion: once you've created the course you will get a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia and while some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on phone, tablet and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch or for a few minutes at night.
- You will receive a Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Audience: Rehab Professionals (PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, ET, Kin, etc), movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
This course was recorded at the 6th Pelvic Health Solutions Symposium in May 2019.