What About My Swollen Leg? Practical Assessment and Treatment Strategies for Lymphedema
This course imparted by Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) contains the recorded lectures from the 4th Pelvic Health Symposium. This course will challenge your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health. Listen to their knowledge, and deepen your understanding of pelvic health and all of the factors that will make you a top-notch, excellent practitioner.
About The Course:
The presentation will be an overview of the assessment and treatment of secondary lower leg lymphedema. Lymphedema is swelling caused by the abnormal accumulation of lymphatic fluid in tissue spaces due to damage to the lymphatic system after gynecological surgery and radiation treatments. After cancer treatments, lymphedema is the most common complication affecting up to 49% of people.
The anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, clinical presentation of lymphedema and differential diagnosis will be discussed in this presentation. Also, practical tools will be taught for the pelvic health therapist to identify, assess and provide treatment for the swelling. Evidence will be presented to support interventions where applicable, and a discussion on resources available for clinicians will be shared.
What do you get in this course?
- Slides to each lecture
- Lifetime Access: You can come back to this course at any time. If any material is updated or material is added to the course, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of Completion: once you've created the course you will get a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia and while some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on phone, tablet and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch or for a few minutes at night.
- You will receive a Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Audience: Rehab Professionals (PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, ET, Kin, etc), movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
BScPT , MLD