Stop Hurting Women With Exercise
About The Course:
Stop Hurting Women With Exercise course is presented by Antony Lo, the Physio Detective to a group of health and fitness professionals at the 2016 Women's Health and Fitness Summit. This course is provided as a single 90 minutes of video lessons and a PDF handout of the slides.
The 5 key points that health and fitness professionals are doing to hurt women are:
- Promoting weakness.
- Keeping it comfortable.
- Focus on the "core".
- Creating fear.
- Training women using male templates.
The 5 Solutions proposed are:
- Promoting strength.
- Keeping it relatively intense.
- Focus on movement quality.
- Creating confidence.
- Train women using female templates.
In This Online Physiotherapy Course, You’ll Learn:
- Exercises that cause more pressure on the pelvic floor.
- Techniques and positions to perform a correct exercise and their effects.
- How to do high-density exercises and promote strength?
- Osteoporosis risk mitigation.
- How to keep the exercises comfortable?
- Session length?
- Movement quality
- What about the pelvic floor?
- What about form/techniques?
- What about stability?
- What about getting it right before moving on?
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- More than 90 minutes of video lessons.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Downloadable slides/workbook so you can follow along as you take the course.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A special coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Who Is This Course For?
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, athletic therapists, massage therapists, exercise therapists, medical doctors, nurses, midwives, kinesiologists among others. This course is also relevant for movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Can I Share a Course with a Friend or Colleague? How does the Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group. The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, in addition to the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request within 2 business days.
B.App.Sc.(Physio)(USyd)., Master in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice since 1997.
He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes since 2011 and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant (now CrossFit Sports Specific Application). Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!
Course Material included in this course