Modern Manual Therapy: The Eclectic Approach to Temporomandibular Management
The Eclectic Approach to TMD presents a modern manual therapy look at the evaluation and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction. There is a lack of knowledge in the screening and treatment of this condition which may be affecting many of your upper quarter patients, especially those with concurrent headaches and/or cervical dysfunction. The Eclectic Approach uses Movement Screen and a Repeated Motions Exam to help classify the patient and find relevant movement and motor control issues. A strong emphasis on modern Pain Science Education and home exercises is used to make the patient independent of passive care. Manual therapy uses The EDGE Tool for Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation or IASTM, as well as joint mobilization for the upper cervical spine and TMJ, function mobilization, and thrust manipulation of the cervical and upper thoracic regions.
Participants will be able to
- Describe the relevant cervicocraniomandibular anatomy
- Describe the effects of head/neck posture on mandible position
- Perform a UQ Movement Screen and Repeated Motions Exam to help classify the patient for movement strategies and manual therapy
- Educate the patient on self care and self assessment
- Perform a variety of soft tissue and joint mobilization/thrust manipulation to reset the patient’s nervous system
Who is this course for?
PT, MD, DO, ATC, MT, and everyone interested in Manual Therapy approach.
What’s included in this course?
- You download the course handouts and follow along throughout the course.
- Indefinite access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- A test at the end of the course to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
About the Instructor
Dr. Erson Religioso III, DPT, MS, MTC, Cert. MDT, CFC, CertMST, FAAOMPT.
Dr. Erson Religioso III, DPT, MS, MTC, CertMDT, CFC, FMS, FMT, FAAOMPT, is a fellowship trained cash based PT practice owner, entrepreneur, blogger, and sought after lecturer in the topic of Modern Manual Therapy. He has a #CashPT Practice in the Buffalo, NY area, EDGE Rehab and Sports Science, where he specializes in TMD, headaches, spinal care, runners, gymnasts, and chronic pain. His focus is seeing the patient as little as possible, and empowering them with education, self assessment and treatment strategies.
Dr. Religioso is adjunct faculty of SUNY at Buffalo, where he teaches orthopaedic manual physical therapy in the DPT program. He also developed a line of manual therapy, mobility, fitness, strength, and rehab products along with pain science education materials at The EDGE Mobility System.
Modern Manual Therapy - The Eclectic Approach is Dr. Religioso’s line of seminars for clinicians that are taught online and in live venues around the world. The Eclectic Approach started with Modern Manual Therapy, and has expanded to include Modern Strength Training, and Modern Patient Education.
Dr. E is now offering his services as both an online clinical mentor to clinicians at Modern Rehab Mastery, travelling OMPT Fellowship mentor, online patient consultations, and online business and social media consultation, #CashPT start up with LeBauer Consulting. He also is part of media company, UpDoc Media, with 2 podcasts, Therapy Insiders and Untold Physio Stories.
Erson is a family man, married to the best woman in the world, and currently has 5 beautiful children. He enjoys running with them, watching them in competitive gymnastics and watching Disney/Pixar movies. He is also a huge tech geek and loves all things Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek. If you see Dr. E out and about, or at a seminar, ask him to grab a beer or coffee and talk about shop or anything!
|Instructor Name||Dr. Erson Religioso III|
|Access Duration||Indefinite access after purchase|