Complex Regional Pain Syndrome 101
This online continuing education course will review the most clinically relevant studies on CRPS and clearly discuss 10 PT management options for this extremely challenging and debilitating condition
1) Review a number of clinical facts on CRPS and the potential challenges with diagnosing and treating patients with this condition
2) Review the latest guidelines for diagnosing CRPS
3) Review several PT management options for CRPS such as
- Re-assurance of recovery
- Encouragement to functionally use the extremity
- Appropriate pain education
- Graded Motor Imagery (GMI)
- Pain Exposure Therapy
- Graded Sensory Exposure
- Brain Visualization
Who is this course for?
This course is for all health care providers who care for patients diagnosed with CRPS including physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors and physicians interesting in non-pharmacological approaches to managing CRPS
What’s included in this course?
- Downloadable resources which you can use and share with your patients
- Ability to take notes next to each video lesson throughout the course
- Indefinite access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- Quizzes throughout to help you integrate the knowledge.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
PT, D.SC.PT, M.PHTY, B.SC.PT, FCAMT
Bahram is a physiotherapist and founder of the Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute (APTEI). He's taught 1000+ continuing education courses to healthcare professionals across Canada & internationally.
He has instructed over one thousand post-graduate orthopaedic and pain science courses and has been a guest presenter at several physiotherapy and medical conferences across Canada and internationally.
His primary clinical approach is to identify relevant functional impairments and determine the best self-management strategy to maximize patient independence.
Course Material included in this course
Welcome and Resources
CRPS 101 Quiz
Lesson 2: Signs & Symptoms
Lesson 3: Re-assure, Encourage, Educate
Lesson 4: GMI Levels 1-5
Lesson 5: Graded Sensory Exposure
Lesson 6: Brain Visualization 6
Lesson 7: Review of the Top 10 Management Options for CRPS
A gift :)
Patient Education included in this course
Laterality Discrimination Sheet (Foot)
Video: Brain Visualization (BV6) Guided Audio
Video: Brain Visualization (BV6) Explained
Brain Visualization (BV6) Instruction sheet
CRPS Recovery Plan Sheet
Laterality Discrimination Sheet (Hand)