How Healthcare Professionals Can Earn More, Work Less, and Enjoy Life
Do You Want To Earn More? Work Less? Enjoy Life? Better Yet - Do You Want To Learn How To Do All Three At The Same Time?
Whether you are a happy clinic owner, aspiring clinic owner, unhappy clinic owner, independent contractor, employee, or new grad - you will benefit from the discussion we recently had on a live webinar with Paul Wright and Karim Meghji.
Paul Wright Clinic Owner Guru. Karim Meghji, Independent Contractor Ninja. One hour of knowledge bombs. Top lessons for clinic owners. Top lessons for independent contractors. Two very different perspectives.
Karim taught us how to be a profitable and prolific independent contractor who every clinic owner wants to work with, and Paul taught us how one piece of paper can add over 30% to your bottom line as a clinic owner (with no increase in costs).
This webinar blew me (and the 285 attendees) away! If you missed it - you are in luck! We have summarized the key points below and we recorded the webinar for you. It is now available at Embodia Academy. It is free for Embodia Members. Here's what you will get when you join the course:
- An exclusive checklist with the top takeaways summarized into an easy to follow an action plan
- An hour and a half of video content that has been broken down into digestible, short lessons
- Advice from one of the top clinic owners in the world, Paul Wright
- Advice from one of the most prolific independent contractors in the physiotherapy industry, Karim Meghji
- An insightful debate between a clinic owner and an independent contractor
- Learn how to earn more, work less, and enjoy life!
How To Build Your Healthcare Business On The Franchise Model (Even If You Aren't Going To Franchise):
Think about your business like a franchise (whether it is a franchise or not) - this is the classic 'work on your business rather than in it' principle that was famously coined by Michael Gerber, the author of E-Myth and E-Myth Revisited.
When you become an entrepreneur (independent contractors are entrepreneurs and clinic owners), there are many predictable frustrations you'll run into:
- Not having enough profit
- Not enough personal income
- Not enough customers
- Can't find good people
- Don't have enough time
- The business depends too much on you
And the list goes on. Finding your way out of those predictable problems is difficult, if not impossible, without a system that predictably produces the opposite of those issues.
That's where The E-Myth and the Entrepreneurial Model it promotes comes in. According to Michael Gerber (and Paul Wright), the solution involves thinking about your business like a franchise - which is a proprietary way of doing business that successfully differentiates every extraordinary business from their competitors.
This is the classic "work on your business rather than in it" advice you'll hear repeated by business gurus.
Understanding The Rules
Here are the rules you must follow to get your business running like a franchise that produces predictable results:
- The model will provide consistent value to your customers, employees, suppliers, and lenders, beyond what they expect.
- The model will be operated by people with the lowest possible level of skill.
- The model will stand out as a place of impeccable order.
- All work in the model will be documented in Operations Manuals.
- The model will provide a uniformly predictable service to the customer.
- The model will use a uniform color, dress, and facilities code.
Don't Fall In Love With Your Product. Fall In Love With Your Market.
As healthcare professionals, we're masters at falling in love with our product instead of falling in love with our market.
The job of any business owner is to identify a starving crowd and fill the need. What does the market want? What do people want? Can you fill that need?
If you are too focused on your product, you might overlook what’s best for your client, and your product is nothing without a client to sell it to. However, when your client is your number one priority, your product becomes tailored to their interests. A happy client creates a great product.
Watch the Short Video Below To Learn From Paul Wright:
We recorded the session, and it's now available for free to all Embodia Members. Plus, if you're an Embodia Member you will also get an exclusive checklist with the top takeaways summarized into an easy to follow the action plan.
Already an Embodia Member? Click here to watch the recording now ($80 value)
Not a Member yet? Sign up now to get the exclusive checklist ($50 value) and the webinar recording for free ($80 value). All you need to do is click here to login to your Embodia account and subscribe. Our membership is only $15/month (or $13.50/month on our annual plan) and you will get instant access to Paul and Karim's webinar recording, and 36+ complimentary online courses, home exercise prescription software, and discounts on all premium online courses.
In this Online Physiotherapy Course, You will Learn:
- How to think about your business like a franchise (whether it is a franchise or not)
- Systems and processes that can make or break your practice; for example, use Action Plans with every patient. If you have employees or contractors, have each of them use an Action Plan with each patient and have a measurement tool to determine how successful they are.
- How to effectively use an action plan, which is a single piece of paper that you review with every patient at the end of the session which includes (but is not limited to) their diagnosis, their main functional pain (ex: can't pick up their kids can't return to work), and how many sessions are required to achieve their goals
- How Paul created a measurement system to determine what each therapist is providing to their patients and if their patients are following through
- How crafting unique experiences for clients will encourage them to be active participants in their own health
- Why diversified income streams can help you achieve financial abundance whether you are an employee, clinic owner, or independent contractor
Every entrepreneur starts a business for themselves. But we often get so tied up in the business that we forget that the ultimate aim of the business is to serve ourselves.
Here are the questions you need to answer with 100% clarity if you want your business to serve you, and not the other way around.
- What do I wish my life to look like?
- How do I wish my life to be on a day-to-day basis?
- What would I like to be able to say I truly know in my life, about my life?
- How would I like to be with other people in my life – my family, friends, business associates, customers, employees, and community?
- How would I like people to think about me?
- What would I like to be doing two years from now? Ten years? Twenty years? When my life comes to a close?
- What specifically would I like to learn during my life–spiritually, physically, financially, technically, intellectually? About relationships?
- How much money will I need to do the things I wish to do? By when will I need it?
Karim Meghji BSc, PT
Karim has a degree in Behavioural Psychology from McMaster University and a Physical Therapy degree from the University of Toronto. For over a decade he has combined certifications in Medical Acupuncture, Gunn IMS, Spinal Manipulation and other Manual and Active therapy approaches into an Accession of Complimentary Rehabilitative Medicine.
He has extensive work experience in Sports Medicine and Injury Rehabilitation in the private practice setting. In addition to his efforts with the Private Practice Division, he volunteers as a Health Board Executive within the Shia Ismaili Muslim community designing and implementing Health and Wellness Seminars and Lifestyle Improvement Initiatives.
Paul Wright B.App.Sc (Physio), Dip. Ed. (Phys. Ed.), Adv. Dip. Business Management
Since graduating as a Physical Education teacher in 1987, and then as a physiotherapist in 1990, Paul Wright has opened multiple multi-disciplinary health clinics, closed a few, been locked out of one and sold some others. He has employed countless therapists and support staff, fired some and re-hired others.
Paul has been actively involved in clinical education around the world, having lectured to over 25,000 health professionals - in the areas of program design, injury prevention, rehabilitation, and business development and even found the time to win multiple titles as a competitive bodybuilder.
Paul Wright is living proof this “Ultimate Health Business Lifestyle” is possible.
At one stage he owned 6 successful Get Active Physiotherapy clinics in Australia, yet still spent more time at home than his wife preferred, never missed a school concert or sports carnival, and visited his clinics for only a few hours each week. While doing this, he did not even live in the same city as 5 of his clinics!
Since selling his health businesses Paul now prefers spending even more time with his family and friends, at the beach, or at home working on the Million Dollar Health Professional Program, Profit Club, One on One Coaching, The Practice Acceleration Program, presenting live seminars and working on his most recent passion–The One Minute Practice program.